KeepAble is committed to respecting your privacy by complying with our obligations under Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). (This link will open in a new tab)
KeepAble collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To be able to identify our program users and community
- To communicate with our program users and community about our program
- To provide services to our program users and community
- To evaluate and improve our programs
- To meet statistical and reporting requirements
What information do we collect about you?
KeepAble may request the following personal and sensitive information from you, in order to provide you with specialist programs. Your consent will be sought before any information is collected and held by KeepAble.
If you are not able to provide us with the personal information we have requested, this may prevent us from being able to assist you fully or provide you with the specialist services you are seeking from our organisation.
How do we collect personal information?
KeepAble will attempt to collect your personal information from you directly (for example, over the phone, via email or in person if you visit us in person).
Providing KeepAble with personal information about someone else
If you are making an enquiry or referral on behalf of another person, then you should only do so if you have their consent to provide us with their personal information.
Please share this Privacy Statement with the person concerned, before sharing their personal information.
How is personal information stored and secured?
KeepAble holds your personal information in electronic databases and some paper files held in secure systems and locked premises.
We take reasonable steps to:
- Maintain your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant
- Protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or accidental disclosure
- Destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act.
Sharing your personal information
KeepAble respects your privacy and we will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information strictly confidential.
KeepAble employees will not disclose your personal information with a third party, including overseas recipients without your consent.
How do I access and update my personal information?
If you wish to access your personal information or you believe the information KeepAble has about you is inaccurate, not up-to-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
How do I make a complaint?
If you believe we have not handled your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, Australian Privacy Principles, please get in touch with us.
You can lodge a complaint via our contact us form, email us: email@example.com or phone us: (08) 6202 4700